Hi! I'm Rachel, I'm 17 years old, and I'm a senior in high school. I have many interests and favorite things that shape the person I am. My favorite food is strawberries; I also love reese's peanut butter cups. My favorite color is purple, and my favorite class in school this year so far is environmental science. I am very passionate about the environment, and I always try to recycle, reuse, and do anything else that I believe could benefit the environment. I also love working with kids, so I was a camp counselor this summer for first and second graders. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I'm involved in Operation Snowball, I will be a director this year. I benefited from this experience because it made me a stronger person and more confident in myself.
I never had, and still don't, have one biggest influence on my life. Many things influence me, almost everyday. These influences are not strong ones that sway or change the person I am; I'm still a very strong and independent person. But, many things or events affect me, not necessarily influence me. For example, seeing a homeless person on the street, or a mentally disabled person in the hallway. But, I think that my biggest influence on the person I am today is my mom. I know it's cheesy, but it's true. She taught me many values and morals that I believe in today, and she still teaches me everyday. My goals in life go along with my morals. I want to live a happy life. I want to feel like I lived each day to the fullest. I want to influence other people for the better.
My favorite candy is reese's peanut butter cups too! It's cool that you're going to be the director of snowball this year, I haven't been on one of the retreats yet, but I've heard they're amazing.
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite color is purple, too! Congrats on being snowball director! I remember when you first started as a regular member. Look how far you've come! I love my mom too! Twins! haha